Bring Back My Brave!
Bring Back My Brave
By: Aldeka LaRoda
Bold I was ,
An elegant craned neck egret
Gallant.
My cluster of brilliant feathers beaming bright
Unscathed metal breasted confidence
Easily thwarting, and darting slitting blades, thrown toward me
Doubts;
Stigmas, Discouragement,
All powerless.
The courageous ever mocking jay I was
Until one day, I was not
Undone I became. The Mocking Jay now the mockery
My Pride stolen like the night bandit held my true self ransom
The thwarted blades now pressed
Eagerly against my pale egret neck
As blood stood still
The Unmasked Fear Towered
Gallantly “my Brave” wearing !
Measuring him I wondered,
“When did I become so small?” Pondering inwardly,
“I must be the wrong Champion.”
“Did she (The Champion) not stand tall?”
“Did she( The Champion) ever regard caution?
Did she ( The Champion) not wear her Clusters of brilliant plumage brightly?”
I had become the wrong Champion, the wrong Aldeka bird indeed
Something ignited then, a composition of fury and frustration,
A righteous indignation, an unquenchable flame.
My Brave was mine and mine alone.
I would myself become again
The Right Aldeka
The True Aldeka.
I jostled my assailant wrangling free
Culminating courage , confronting conflict,
Clashing Contention.
I would be FREE
I was the RIGHT Aldeka
Feathers protruding like those slitting blades,
Determined I to rescue My Brave.
At almost Morning as exhaustion from the scuffle laded my arms,
I could not waver,
And with my last strength,
I commanded my Brave back to me
And watched as Fear stood Still
I had seized his prowess
My feathered blades shining steal held the morning’s light
I adorned My Brave, starring down
At but Fear itself under my siege
Then I vowed never would my Brave again
Depart from me for
I am she, The Champion.
Comments
Post a Comment